House Damaged by Fire in Rothesay

 

Firefighters were dispatched to a structure fire Friday evening to Rose Lane in Rothesay.    The fire, which started in the chimney, extended into the second floor and roof of the home.  While firefighters were able to contain the fire to the second floor, there was extensive damage to the home.  The occupants were able to escape the fire uninjured and were being assisted with accommodations for the night by the Red Cross.  Ambulance New Brunswick and Kennebecasis Regional Police were on scene throughout the incident.